Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gone

Well, everyone started arriving at around 11 am to pick their puppies. Terry and Carol Smorch from Minnesota arrived first and spent a lot of time with the puppies. Then Denise and Terry Elger from Milwaukee came next, then Mary Klein from Columbus, Oh. We had a really nice time playing with and watching the puppies play. Terry and Carol actually arrived early so got quite a bit of time to play with each pup individually. I've decided to keep Polaris and Sol for now. Polaris simply because she IS her momma (and that's why I did this breeding) and Sol, because she is special, has been from the day she was born. If I decide that I'm crazy for keeping two, I have a good friend who may be able to take her down the line. We'll see. For now, they are both staying. It's better for me emotionally to have two left. It was so hard to let the others go. I honestly have been having such a hard time dealing with it since it hit me hard on Thursday that this was all coming to an end. Now that everyone has left, I feel so much better. Just seeing how much everyone liked their puppies helped so much. I think everyone got the puppies they were hoping for. I was most worried about Sirrah since she's pretty attached to me. As I already mentioned, Terry got to play with each one. Atlas had a ball, then Vega was a little out of it (honestly, not his normal self AT ALL) and the Sirrah. I got smart and went in the house when Terry played with Sirrah and watched from the kitchen. I was amazed at how she took to him. She can be a little shy but was chasing, tugging and kissing him. I agonized over letting her go. Not anymore. Terry chose Sirrah. I think it's going to be a great match. She really loved him. I've never really seen her take to anyone like that. I'm at peace with it all now. Then Denise got to choose. She took the pup I thought would fit her too! She chose Atlas. He's simply stunning and looked even MORE stunning in her arms :) Then Mary got the red boy she's been wanting all along. She just had an attachment to him. I can't believe it all worked out, but it did. I'm so incredibly happy about how it all went today. I think I may even be able to sleep tonight :) I will miss them terribly but I remind myself that they won't be little puppies for long. Here are pictures of everyone with their new babies :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I can't believe they're gone! Each of the new owners looked so happy though. I hope to see them all around at USDAA trials.