Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update

Well, it was a rough weekend. The puppies had an apparent reaction to the vaccines and were very sick. It started on Sunday am with Sol, then Polaris, then Sirrah, then Atlas. Vega seemed to escape with just a little diahrrea. The others were vomitting as well. I was on the phone with the vet four times on Sunday. At first, we didn't know what it was and I was panicked. As the day went on, they seemed to get better. Took Sol about six hours to come around but the others really felt better in an hour or two. By Sunday evening, everyone was able to keep water down but I didn't feed them until morning. Then, just a bland diet. They are all doing great now. Actually, by Monday, everyone was back to their old selves (except Atlas who wasn't affected until Monday). They are SOOOO busy, it's unbelievable. I've been lucky, the weather has been really good so they have been able to play outside a lot. They are also pretty much house broken. I don't think anyone has gone in the house in over a week (other than when they were sick). They all know to go outside. Sol even scratched at the door the other night when she had to poop. Smart puppies. They start going to their new homes on Saturday. I will miss them so much but luckily, I will get to see them all pretty frequently. I hope to post some video or pictures later today or tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor babies, Poor Sherry

Glad everyone is feeling better

Denise

Unknown said...

Glad they are all doing better. Please let us know where they each go. We are all very invested in them :)

Susan

lpellum said...

Whew...I bet that was scary. Yes, let us know who are going to be the lucky new homes.

Definately, show more pictures or video if there is time.

Lisa