Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First out of the whelping box

Well, it just happened, the first puppy got out of the whelping box. At least they waited until I got home from morning classes! The good news is that I've got a couple doors I can close so it looks like I'll have to start closing one. I was trying to avoid as long as possible since it's easier for Ransom to see them when she goes into the box with the shorter entrance. Now that they are bigger, it should be fine. She's pretty careful too. So, the first out of the whelping box is .......



POLARIS!!! I knew it would either be Sol or Polaris :) BTW, all eyes are open!

4 comments:

lpellum said...

Dang...I thought it would be Sol. Polaris looks so confident, as if she knows exactly where she going.

Did she find her way back in?

skluever said...

No, I put her back in. I'm not sure she could get back in by herself since there's no ledge from the outside in. They crawl on the pig rail to get out. Ransom wasn't happy about it. She rushed over to round her up :)

Unknown said...

Did the others follow her out of the whelping box?

skluever said...

Well, I didn't let anyone else out since I had to go back to work :( I just got home a little while ago and opened it up and OMG! They ALL came piling out as fast as they could. They are so funny. Two weeks old and ready to GOOOOOO!