Friday, September 26, 2008

Four weeks old

The puppies turned four weeks old on Tuesday. They are keeping me incredibly busy. They are awake a LOT and eating a LOT. They are up to three meals a day of puppy mush. In the last week, they've also been exposed to a bunch of stuff. They've been on seven or eight different surfaces (including the baby pool with a small amount of water) and had a few visitors. More coming this weekend. My nephew came over yesterday afternoon (he's 18) and that was good for them. They haven't seen him in two weeks so they really didn't remember him at all. At first the boys were a little hesitant along with Sirrah but within a little while they were crawling all over him and pouncing on him. They don't get to see men very often so that was good. Shock has been interested in them but still not too sure "what" they really are. Ransom is pretty much tired of feeding them but down to just four times a day now. I'd like to get them completely weaned in the next week or so. They are really busy. They love playing with toys and each other. They also like getting in trouble a lot by trying to eat the furniture. The whelping box went away last weekend so they are in a ex-pen. I do let them have the run of the family room and the kitchen sometimes as well. They pretty much just want to run everywhere they go. Oh, they started tugging too. Sirrah was the first to play tug with me, then Sol. Sol will grab the mobiles in the ex-pen and tug on those to amuse herself. They all seem to be able to play well by themselves though. They'll grab a toy and just have a good ole time :) They've also started playing a little rougher with each other. I've heard a couple yelps in the last two days so they are starting to teach each other bit inhibition. That's good. BTW, they are sleeping very well through the night and do well at not making a huge mess in the pen either. In fact, they will cry to get out to potty. Yesterday, I was cleaning out the pen and forgot to put the water bowl back in. Sirrah just stood by where it goes and barked at me to let me know it was missing. As soon as I got it in there, she drank a bunch. Oh yeah, and Tuesday, when I had the first long time away from them since they are awake more, they REALLY told me off when I got home for lunch. They all just stood at my feet and barked. Sirrah was really mad. Just stood right at my feet, staring up and barking at me. It was really so cute until Atlas bit me in the ankle. He does that :). All the little personalities, too funny :) BTW, getting really hard to take pictures. No one wants to stand still. Sol jumps up and tries to bite the camera if she catches me taking a picture! Here they are in alphabetical order.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Figured they were keeping you pretty busy.

They are just beautiful. You can really see the tri coloring on Sol and Atlas now.

Denise

DaveStone said...

Almost time to start looking at movement :) . I always love that part.

Are you finding big coordination differences between the girls and the boys yet?

skluever said...

I would say that last week, the boys were a little behind but now, I think everyone is about equal as far as coordination goes.