Thursday, September 18, 2008

Some pictures to add

Polaris with Vega (sleeping) and Sirrah



Polaris and the Boys taking a nap



Polaris with the boys and Atlas resting on Vega


Everyone taking a nap outside :)


I did have a whole narrative attached to the video along with pictures but it got lost somewhere in blog land so I quickly posted the video (since it takes like an hour to load!). The puppies are really coming along well. They seem very bright and healthy. They are up to two meals a day of puppy mush (which they LOVE). Ransom is really about done with them. I had no idea how many teeth they had until Ransom wanted nothing to do with them on Monday. Then I checked. They basically have their entire top row and all the canines. I can understand why she's ready to cut them loose :) Unfortunately, it'll be a couple more weeks before they are completely weaned.
I stopped by the vet this am (on my way to take three dogs to the doggie chiropractor) and dropped off puppy stool samples. I opted to make sure it was necessary to worm them before doing so. I have no desire to give them insectisides unnessesarily. Glad I did since this litter, like the last, had NO parasites. No deworming necessary!

The puppies don't seem to be bothered by much of anything. They've been groomed several times, including a mini bath today. They've all paraded through the water bowl so they seem OK with water :) They all have there moments although until now, Polaris has been the one to try everything first (food, water, escaping). There isn't one in the litter that is noticably less timid than any of the others and generally, they seem to be pretty consistent as far as activity, brightness, etc. is concerned.

1 comment:

DaveStone said...

Sirrah's looking ready for the show ring ;) !