Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 54

Today is day 54. Nine more days to go until her due date. I felt a puppy move this morning for the first time. I'm starting to think that there aren't a bunch in there, just a few. We'll know Monday morning when the x-ray is completed! They seem to be moving around so it's hard to tell. Sometimes, she looks huge, other times, not so much :) The whelping box did arrive yesterday. I just finished setting it up although I still have to get a tarp for underneath. I bought a carpet remnant as well so that has to go under the box too. I think it's just a beautiful box though. Ransom seems to like it! I also have ordered the Whelpwise service http://whelpwise.com/ (as I did last time) and the monitors will be here by Monday. They send a contraction monitor and doplar ultrasound (monitors puppy heartbeats) to ensure everyone is safe. It's a great service that assists from before whelping to after if you need it. They actually helped save Shock's life last time around. They walked me though what to do when she was ill days after she was born. Anyway, it's great peace of mind.
Ransom is feeling very well. Would like to do agility if I let her :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a beautiful box. Ransom looks very happy. Pregnancy seems to suit her even if she can't do agility.

chris said...

Boy, she looks good even when she's carrying 5 puppies!