Friday, August 29, 2008

They're growing

It was a pretty peaceful night. Ransom has things pretty well under control. I was up quite a bit still, just making sure everything was OK, and it was. I got up this am, fed the dogs, then layed back down on the couch while Ransom was feeding the babies (who, BTW, seem to eat ALL THE TIME!). I decided that if a few started eating, I would wake up the others and have them all eat at the same time. That way, it's much more scheduled, I know everyone is eating and Ransom gets some rest in between. Seems to be working well. I weighed them all this am and every pup has gained MORE than an ounce in the last 24 hours. I'm really happy with that. The tri boy remains the biggest at now, 18 5/8 oz (total of 2 5/8 oz increase) and the little tri girl is still the tiny one at almost 13 1/2 oz (almost a 3 oz increase) so she's gaining a little ground on the others. Ransom is eating a ton of food to keep up. She seems to feel really good today. In fact, she's actually spending some time in the yard with the other dogs.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What good news. Sounds like you at least got a bit more sleep.

Your like a maestro. You have to orchestrate this entire sleep, eat, sleep, eat routine.

Denise

lpellum said...

Sounds like everyone is growing like crazy. Good news that Ransom feels comfortable enough to "hang out" with the others a bit.

Not that you've had time to think, but I have to ask...any thoughts on names?

Lisa

skluever said...

Soon on the names. I'm close :)

Red Poodle Agility said...

Glad you are finally getting some rest. So much to do with Ransom, the puppies, and the rest of your dogs.

I look forward to learning the names and watching them grow. They are so adorable!!

Deb

Barb Cote said...

Sounds like Ransom and you have worked out a nice routine. I sure hope you can start catching up on your sleep.

Keep the pictures coming - they're so cute. Still love the red one!