Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New Day

Well, it's a new day and everyone is doing much better. I got Ransom to eat a couple small meals during the night and she's drinking plenty of water. Also, once I returned from the vet, her milk production seemed to increase immediately. No more crying babies while nursing and no more smacking noises. Ransom is even starting to feel well enough to start cleaning the babies. Just started a little while ago. That will help me a lot :) I got a little sleep last night. I slept on the couch so was up a lot but did doze off here and there. My other dogs aren't used to the baby noises so they were restless all night. It'll get better. I'm just still exhausted! Good news though, I just weighed all the babies and every one has gained weight. I remember that Shock lost weight the first day so I'm thrilled. That little tri girl is a pistol. She's gained the most. She's a pushy one. Reminds me of her red big sister! Boy does she look tiny in comparison to the others though.


As far as a litter theme, I was going to go with the Olympics but since they took so long to get here, I missed it. I think I'll just name the pups as I go along.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you might have picked yours ;-)

skluever said...

Oh, I don't know! She's a fighter and does tug on my heartstrings but I don't know that I could take another Shock!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear Ransom is feeling better. Now maybe you can get some needed rest.

That little girl is a big puppy in heart.

Just like her half sister Jazz

Denise

Polly said...

Glad to hear that Ransom is feeling better and everyone is doing well.

Kennel Boy said...

I love the little tough one

Hey maybe she will be a 16 inch hot rod !!! You could be a killer in 12. 16 and 20
OH boy

Glad every one is doing better

lpellum said...

The little one is just making up for lost time. While everyone else was eating inside the womb, she must have been sleeping. Now that she out..it mut be one big meal time for her.

Fun pix to see her in comparison to her sibling.

Good to hear things are smoothing out.

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

I'm so glad everyone is doing well. It's been a long few days for you so here's hoping you get back into a routine that includes sleep - soon!